Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Cost Cutting Ideas!









Well Guys, I have been thinking a lot about new ways for my family to dig deeper and cut more corners since my husband got hit with that big pay cut.


Well here is my list:...........

Making my own iced cubes. (feels like a chore)

Making my own iced tea & coffee (trying to convince my husband)

Always eating breakfast at home

Always take my lunch to work with me

Always make dinner at home (except maybe twice a month)

Stop buying packaged food items (only fresh) except oatmeal!

Par-boil and freeze fresh produce that is on sale

Purchase dry beans instead of canned (it's cheaper)

Shop for clothes and home items only at the Salvation Army & Savers

Today I bought $3.00 curtains for my bedroom today at sally's and the same
ones at Walmart are $ 7.99 each (deal!)

I will have to enforce the shorter shower rule!

I will go back to hanging clothes to line dry ( no more dryer)

Save all bread bags to use as zip baggies (wash & dry them)

I will shop around for cheaper insurance & cell phone rates!

I already...............
use coupons
buy bulk
have a veggie garden
wait for sales
look for FREE entertainment & items
use the library
rent movies for $1.00 at red box
shop at farmers markets & dollar stores
have the lowest rate for cable and Internet!
water down my detergents & cut dryer sheets in half
Use bar soaps (they are cheaper)
cut my bar soaps in half & use scrubbies to lather ( helps longevity of the soap)
use small amounts of all of my beauty products (makes them go further)

Let me know if you have any other ideas........I will be looking forwards to your post!

By the way I grew the sunflowers above! : )
It is rewarding to do things for one-self!

From Mikey...............

I don't like buying used clothing that people have worn already. I like going to stores and finding deals like I did today. I bought sunglasses for $1, belts for $1 and 4 bracelets for $1! I also got a T-shirt for $3!!!

I got all these cool things from rue 21 (rue21.com) A teen store with cheap fashionable clothing!!!!

I do help my family by getting free stuff.

Here are some web sites and you could try to get FREE Stuff too!!!!!!!


Just Click on the picture to Sign Up!

Search & Win
Search just like Google but get points for FREE Stuff while doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment